Its really time for a change. Republicans decided so and chose a Majority Leader not associated with corruption or scandal, at least that we know of. Scooter Libby, Tom DeLay, Bush and Tony Blair's conspiracy to use military action in Iraq to remove Sadaam no matter what decision the UN made, then actually doing so when the UN denied them twice. Bush told Blair assassination was a possibility, which shocks me but I don't really think it should. Bush also told Blair the US should disguise a fighter jet as a UN plane, with a UN paint job. If Iraq fired at it, then they would have an excuse. That doesn't surprise me either, what a weak method of diplomacy and military negotiations. Classic Bush, taking the easy way out. Well, I'm heading to London in the morning from the Shannon airport, where I'll have all night to pretend I'm Tom Hanks in my terminal and think about my life and everyone I miss (mishkin! Em! Fam!) and about the government like Bob Dylan did in "Subterranean Homesick Blues". Maybe that should be the title for this. I think I'll tune into that masterpiece in a bit. Then read Bob Dylan Chronicles Vol. 1 again. Great book about the genius that is Robert Zimmerman. For now though, my attempt to analyze stuff.
Good God, I hope this isn't in vain. Shell Oil made the biggest profits in HISTORY this past year. Meanwhile I spent half of my summer job's earnings trying to get my car to my lovely girlfriend's house and around town. The other half was spent on school and the like. But I'm not blaming Marquette University, I'm blaming Shell and Bush and the other oil companies Reaping in piles and layers and bundles and loads of cash money, baby. Must be nice. I keep seeing their commercials on here in Ireland, promising to the viewer their dedication to alternative energy research and environmental concern. Which I'm pretty sure isn't complete mickeymouse BS malarky. But it is! Because they are not spreading the wealth. Oil prices skyrocketed this summer and we, the people had to pay for it. I would understand profits proportional to rising costs for Big Oil. But they simply weren't! So we're making less than 10 an hour and paying almost 3 a gallon. Not ok. Shame on Shell
So anyways, a lot of Republican scandal. I'm sure the same would be happening if Democrats were oil-rich and in absolute power and could get away with a lackluster eavesdropping program that according to Cheney "has saved thousands of lives". Show me some proof. I'm glad they are investigating record profits in the oil industry. My only hope is that since the past is gone and so is our hard-earned money, that wealth will be tricked down to us consumers in the near future . Maybe Bush's power will actually be checked, or even better, his spy program will prove to increase our safety and limit the hundreds of pointless recordings in has produced. See this week's New Yorker for a great satire. That's all I got. I miss you so much love.
from "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (very applicable and an awesome song)
Maggie comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D. A.
Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't try "No Doz"
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows
-dylan
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment