The Star Tribune cites a new Harris Poll that reports half of our country still thinks Iraq had nuclear arms in 2003. Do they not trust our government, which spent 16 months and $900 million only to come up empty-handed? The majority of these people are republican, according to the study. The Star Trib reports that perhaps the main reason why people refuse to trust the experts, in addition to extreme partisanship, is "a need to believe in WMD." It really makes no sense to me how you can trust our government to invade a country, then dismantle their government and attempt to build a new one, but you don't trust the Pentagon, Iraq Survey Group or U.N.'s information. Maybe it's called partisan-induced blindness.
Oh, and the article reinforces the Pentagon's view that the 500 chemical munitions found in Iraq were not the ones we were looking for. They were used long before Iraq was supposed to dismantle, 15 years or longer, and were not hidden by Iraq. People are crazy, I'll stick to that until some actual weapons are found, then I'll call these believers people of amazing faith. For now they are just crazy for not accepting public information based on millions of dollars of research.
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry I didn't email you back. I'm down for The Mars Volta. Click
Post a Comment